What is Baby Massage?
Baby Massage is said to have originated in Kerala India. The method was passed down from one generation to another. It is also practiced in Nigeria as welcome right to the new baby. During the massage the parent or carer uses soothing rhythmic strokes based on Swedish and Indian massage using high quality vegetable oil. Various relaxing strokes are used on each part of the body following a sequence that has been developed over many years.
What are the benefits?
For your baby
- Helps your baby feel more secure
- Helps them feel loved and valued
- Reduces emotional distress and crying
- Increases body awareness and develops coordination
- Gives babies relief from Colic, Wind, and Constipation
- Reduces teething discomfort
- Creates a sense of closeness and a bond with your baby
- Helps you develop an understanding of your babies cues, crying and behaviour
- Lets you enjoy one to one time with your baby.
- Massaging your baby helps you feel relaxed
- It increases your confidence that you can nurture and care for your baby.